Credit Sesame is proud to offer a scholarship opportunity.
Who we are
Credit Sesame is the leading financial roboadvisor for consumer liabilities including credit card debt and loans. For many years, Credit Sesame has been on the forefront of helping consumers manage their liabilities.
Credit Sesame also provides the resources to help consumers improve their credit scores, which in turn helps them get better loan rates. The average consumer looks for a loan three times a year, and we want to help them select the most financially advantageous products. This process often starts with access to the free credit score Credit Sesame provides to its members.
About this scholarship
We are happy to announce the Credit Sesame Financial Literacy Scholarship.
This scholarship program is an opportunity for U.S. college students to earn $1,000 towards the tuition cost of the college they will attend.
This scholarship is not limited to any particular major, and all majors can apply. We encourage study and learning across all disciplines.
Credit Sesame Financial Literacy Scholarship Winter 2017
To be eligible to participate, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Content must be written in English only
- Contest is open to applicants aged 17 or older who reside in the United States
- Contest is open to applicants who currently or plan to attend a four year college or university in the 2017-2018 school year
- We have no cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement
If you would like to be considered for scholarship opportunities, please complete the following steps:
Credit Sesame’s $1000 Essay Scholarship
Please address the following topic in an essay:
Problem: According to our credit card survey Millennials tend to avoid using credit cards, generally due to fear of debt and distrust of creditors. Young adults entering college today have little knowledge of credit and credit cards. What are creative ways that schools, communities or parents can educate young adults about credit and the use of credit cards?
- 1000 – 1,500 words; please note the word count at the end of the essay
- Proper citations and bibliography must be included
- Only one essay submission per student; multiple submissions will disqualify the applicant
- Submit your essay in pdf format to email@example.com. Include a cover letter with your full name and contact information, also in pdf format.
- Submissions in languages other than English will not be accepted
- Contest begins September 1, 2017
- Submissions must be received by July 31, 2018
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
One winner will be selected to receive the scholarship. The winner will be selected by Credit Sesame staff.
Evaluation will be based on many factors, including:
- Thorough evidence-based research into the topic
- Compelling argument
- Well-written and well-organized essay
Winner selection is based on our sole determination. We reserve the right to modify or change any prize amount or value at any time.
The winner will be notified by email and announced on our website.
All submissions become the property of Credit Sesame. We may use your name in promotional material related to our company in the press, including social media channels. Your submission includes this consent.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Credit Sesame plans to partner with other companies to provide more scholarship opportunities in the future. We will announce those opportunities when they are launched.