Dairyland Insurance has been providing auto and motorcycle coverage to consumers since its origin in 1953. While the company provides coverage to all types of drivers and riders, it specializes in providing insurance to non-standard drivers who are considered to be high-risk or difficult to insure. Based in Wisconsin, Dairyland Insurance provides policies nationwide, although you may run into problems locating a provider in your area because Dairyland’s policies are only available through independent agents online or on the phone. Dairyland is a member of the Sentry Insurance Group, which scores an A+ rating from A.M. Best.
The Dairyland Insurance Company formed in 1953 and was acquired by Sentry in 1966. At this time, Sentry also began offering motorcycle coverage; in 1975, that coverage was available through Dairyland’s independent agents. Dairyland is known for its coverage options for all drivers, even those who may be denied insurance from other companies due to high risk factors such as age, past violations, lapsed coverage, poor credit or foreign status. Dairyland also provides standard motorcycle coverage while offering perks like temporary coverage and insurance for scooters and mopeds.
While Dairyland insurance agents aren’t located everywhere, the website is user-friendly and easy to navigate. You can also go online and use Dairyland’s car insurance quote tool, which makes it easier for you to determine if a Dairyland policy might be a good fit.
Dairyland Auto Insurance
Dairyland car insurance is available for all drivers, but it really caters to those who are difficult to insure. This can mean anyone who has a DUI conviction or is a teen driver. Dairyland also offers low down payment options and easy payment plans. It provides liability insurance and offers you additional coverage options such as collision and comprehensive, along with personal injury protection. Other coverage options include protection against uninsured or underinsured motorists, rental reimbursement coverage, towing and labor expense coverage and special equipment coverage.
In addition to auto insurance, Dairyland offers SR22 or FR44 certificates if your state requires you to have one. Often, these certificates are required if you have a violation or conviction such as a DUI, driving with a suspended license, reckless driving or an at-fault accident. In most states, Dairyland is able to issue your SR22 or FR44 certificate the same day you request it, although specifics may vary from state to state.
If you don’t own a car but still drive from time to time, Dairyland has insurance for you, too. Its non-owner insurance policies provide liability coverage if you don’t own a vehicle but may borrow a friend’s car on occasion.
Dairyland auto insurance offers several discount options to reduce the price of your policy, including:
- Multi-car discount
- Payment frequency discount
- Advanced quote discount for getting a quote at least a week in advance of your desired start date
- Transfer discount for having insurance in place at least 6 months before becoming a Dairyland customer
- Homeowners discount
- Defensive driving discount for taking an approved driver safety course
- Anti-theft discount if your vehicle has an approved anti-theft device installed
Dairyland Motorcycle Insurance
If you choose Dairyland motorcycle insurance, you can select from a variety of coverage options and extras, including roadside assistance, bodily injury coverage, collision and comprehensive, physical damage plus and rental reimbursement. Coverage requirements vary from state to state, so each minimum policy may be tailored to your home state requirements.
In addition to its selection of coverage options, Dairyland also offers several additional temporary and permanent coverage options, including:
- Excursion Diversion – This option provides coverage for expenses such as food, lodging, transportation and towing if you have an accident more than 100 miles from home.
- Visit USA Program – This option gives you temporary insurance if you’re visiting the United States and want to tour the country on your motorcycle. Each policy covers one driver and one motorcycle (whether you own it or are renting it), and is available for a choice of 30, 60 or 90 days. If your motorcycle is over 30 years old or has a value of more than $60,000, you’re only eligible for liability insurance under the Visit USA program. This coverage isn’t available for motorcycles over 2500cc.
If you opt for coverage through Dairyland, you can take advantage of some of the following discounts:
- Multi-cycle discount – Get a price break if you own and cover more than one motorcycle
- H.O.G. Member – Get a discount if you’re a member of the Harley Owners Group
- Rider Group – Members of certain other rider groups can also score a discount
- Rider Course – If you’ve taken a safety course in the past 5 years, you may qualify for a discount
- Homeownership discount
Rider coverage isn’t exclusive to motorcycles. Dairyland also provides insurance for mopeds and scooters. Insurance for these type of vehicles often covers less than full motorcycle coverage does; an insurance quote from Dairyland can give you a fair idea of how much coverage costs and what it covers in your particular state.