Credit Sesame’s long list of ways to save money with freebies for birthday treats in 2023.
You’re going to have a birthday in 2023 whether you like it or not. To celebrate your special day, you can’t beat getting something for free.
Check out our list of 31 freebies you can get on your birthday. Some require joining a loyalty program or providing your email address, along with other important information such as your birthday, at least a week before the big day. Some freebies must be used within 30 days of your birthday.
Most of these free birthday gifts aren’t available for children and many businesses require new members to be at least 13 years old.
If you’re not a child and you don’t mind sharing limited personal information, then here are some places where you can get free stuff on your birthday. Remember that businesses can change policies and birthday freebies without notice, so check to ensure the gifts are still free and available before banking on one for your birthday.
Eating and drinking
- A&W: Join the A&W Mug Club and get a free root beer float on your birthday. You must be 13 or older to join.
- Applebee’s: Join the Applebee’s email list and get a coupon for a free item on your birthday. Freebies vary by location and include items such as dessert or an appetizer.
- Auntie Annie’s: Download the Pretzel Perks app and sign up to join the email list and you’ll get “something extra special for your birthday,” the site says.
- Baskin-Robbins: Join the Baskin-Robbins Birthday Club online or through its app and you’ll get a coupon sent to you via email on your birthday for one free scoop of ice cream. You must be 13 or older to sign up. Most of its stores accept Birthday Club coupons, but not all, so you may want to call your local store to see if it accepts the coupons.
- Benihana’s: Join the Chef’s Table for free and get a $30 certificate to use during the month of your birthday. You must print the certificate to use it. It must be redeemed during dinner hours, Monday through Thursday.
- Buca di Beppo: Join the Buca di Beppo eClub and get a free pasta dish that should feed two, along with a $20 birthday gift.
- Chick-fil-A: Join the Chick-fil-A One membership program and you’ll get a free birthday reward that’s valid for 30 days.
- Chili’s: Join My Chili’s Rewards and get free dessert on your birthday.
- Dairy Queen: Sign up for the Blizzard Fan Club to get a coupon for something free at DQ on your birthday.
- Denny’s: Join the Denny’s Rewards program and get a free “delicious birthday gift every year.”
- IHOP: Join the MyHop rewards program and get free pancakes on your birthday.
- Noodles and Company: Join the Noodles Rewards program and get a free gift on your birthday.
- P.F. Chang’s: Join the free Gold level of P.F. Chang’s Rewards program and get a free birthday dessert or appetizer.
- Red Lobster: The My Red Lobster Rewards program gives a free birthday reward to members.
- Starbucks: Starbucks Rewards members get a free drink or food item on their birthday if they’ve made at least one previous purchase.
- TGI Fridays: TGI Fridays Rewards members get a free dessert with a $5 minimum purchase during their birthday month.
- Waffle House: The Waffle House Regulars Club offers a free waffle on your birthday.
- AMC Theatres: Join the free AMC Stubs Insider program and get a large popcorn on your birthday. AMC’s other two memberships, called A-List and Premiere, require monthly or annual payments to join, and add a free large drink as a birthday gift.
- Redbox: Redbox Perks offers a $2 off reward code for a movie rental at its kiosks or on demand. If you’ve made 50 purchases or rentals, you get two free reward codes.
Clothing and Beauty
- Anthropoloie: Join the Anthro Loyalty program and get “a special treat to celebrate your birthday.”
- Aveda: Pay a one-time $10 fee to join Aveda Plus Rewards and get a free gift and double points on your birthday.
- Banana Republic: Join Banana Republic Rewards and get free unspecified “extra perks” for your birthday.
- Columbia: Join the Greater Rewards program of the sportswear and outdoor gear retailer Columbia and get an unspecified birthday gift.
- JCPenney: Join JCPenney Rewards and receive a free, unspecified birthday gift.
- Kohl’s: The Kohl’s Rewards program offers a “special birthday gift.”
- Sephora: Members of Beauty Insider at Sephora get to pick a free birthday gift from Sephora. Members choose one free gift from five options: Ilia makeup set, Glow Recipe watermelon skincare set, Dior fragrance set, Ouai gift set, or 250 bonus points.
- Target: Members of the Target Circle rewards program get 5% off a single purchase for their birthday, valid for 30 days from their birthday.
Other ways to save money with freebies
- World Market: World Market Rewards members get a “surprise offer” on their birthday and 15% off their first purchase when joining.
- Ace Hardware: Join the free Member level of Ace Rewards and get $5 off on your birthday at participating stores. If you’ve spent at least $750 in the last 12 months at Ace Hardware then the birthday rewards double to $10 off.
- Container Store: Members of the Organized Insider program at the Container Store get 15% off one order during their birthday month. Spend $300 to $999 in a year and the birthday discount is 20%, and spend $1,000 or more in a year and the discount is 25%.
- CVS Pharmacy: ExtraCare members get $3 in ExtraBucks rewards on their birthday.
Sign up early
Some companies set up their birthday emails months in advance, so be sure to sign up early for your favorite company’s email list, rewards group or whatever it calls the program that gives out its birthday freebie. Four months isn’t too early to sign up.
Everyone knows there’s no such thing as a free lunch, but you don’t have to pay with dollars. To save money with freebies, be prepared to share some of your personal information, such as your contact information and your birthday, of course.
If you enjoyed 31 Ways to Save Money with Freebies on Your Birthday in 2023, you may be interested in:
- Ten New Year Money Management Resolutions for 2023
- Top 10 Side Hustles to Make Extra Money in 2023
- Money-Saving Hack: Shop Around for Car Insurance Rates
Disclaimer: The article and information provided here is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for professional advice.