1. With end-of-the-world predictions running rampant, the doomsday clock may be ticking with urgency in your ears. But even if you think this is all nonsense, there are plenty of reasons to make sure you’re well prepared for emergencies and natural disasters. Money Crashers outlines what you need to survive.
2. Got a sickening hospital bill that you can’t afford to pay? Join the crowd. Unpaid hospital bills in the U.S. now add up to a whopping $49 billion, according to this USA Today analysis.
3. Tax refunds are coming in… and that’s great news for those who’ll get a refund this year, but those with money are finding ways to pay no taxes at all. Bloomberg Businessweek sums up 11 ways that help the wealthy avoid paying their share.
4. Is the stock market just a respectable form of gambling–or a legitimate investment strategy? Moolanomy shows both sides.
5. Sugar mamas are growing in numbers… and they’re just fine with their situation. Get Rich Slowly looks at one woman’s story.
6. You’ve been told to go to school so you can do a job you love. After all, if you love your work, you won’t work a day in your life, right? Budgets Are Sexy considers the impact a dream job can have on your savings.
7. After a foreclosure (and a trashed credit score), the question of where to go next is often very literal as rental properties are becoming more stringent about checking credit histories. WalletPop lets you in on how to get your foot in the door.
8. We don’t have to toot our own horn: Bible Money Matters reviews the Credit Sesame site…
9. … And in a post on the New York Times “You’re he Boss” blog, Gene Marks links to our infographic on how smartphones may soon replace our checkbooks.